- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Palmer's Crossing freedom news, number 1; July 23, 1964
- Mississippi Freedom Schools
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Mississippi Freedom Schools
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Written by students of the Palmers Crossing Freedom School, articles in this newspaper discuss the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party, canvassing, slavery, and the future of African Americans in the United States. Short letters from various Freedom School students are also included.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 3
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries