- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Gwendolyn Merritt's composition book and spelling test; 15 July 1964
- Merritt, Gwendolyn
- Date of Original:
- Black Muslims
Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Project
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- From the Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection; Composition book of Freedom School student Gwendolyn Merritt. Contains the resolutions of the Priest Creek Precinct meeting as well as a brief essay on the Freedom Movement and the Black Muslims. Also included is a Freedom School spelling test.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries