- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Memorandum: on the SNCC Mississippi Summer Project; 1964
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Project
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- Transcribed copy of a memo regarding the plans of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) for the Mississippi Freedom Project. Provides a brief background and plans for freedom schools, community centers, voter registration campaigns, and other projects. Also includes information on the application process for volunteers as well as fund raising activities.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
A finding aid for this collection is available online at: https://doi.org/10.18785/fa.M323
Box 1, Folder 10
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries