- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter from Joseph Ellin to Mom and Dad; August 29, 1964
- Ellin, Joseph
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Schools
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- Photocopy of a one-page typed letter written by Joe Ellin to "Mom and Dad" on August 29, 1964. The letter addresses the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party and the Democratic National Convention. Integration, Freedom School students, and libraries are also discussed.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 1
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries