- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Report on the Library, August 26, 1964
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles)
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Freedom Schools
True Light Baptist Church (Hattiesburg, Miss.)
Delta Ministry of Mississippi
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- Carbon copy of a five-page typed Report on the Library written on August 26, 1964 by Nancy Bowles Ellin. The report lists book loan procedures and policies. The main library in the project's headquarters and branches at Mt. Zion Baptist Church, the Palmer's Crossing Community Center, Priest's Creek Missionary Baptist Church Study Center, and True Light Baptist Church (branch not open) are described. Ellin makes suggestions for new libraries, including the use of an adapted Dewey Decimal System, inter-library exchange, and the retention of books.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 2, Folder 4
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries