- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter from Joseph Ellin to Anonymous Person, August 11-12, 1964
- Ellin, Joseph
- Date of Original:
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- Photocopy of a one-page typed letter written on August 11 and 12, 1964 by Joe Ellin. It discusses the status of the Freedom Library and fund-raising efforts by Harry Belafonte to provide college education for African-Americans. The All-State Freedom School Convention in Meridian, Mississippi is described, and Joe indicates plans for a trip to a "librarians' convention" in Greenville, MS.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 1
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries