- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter from Joseph Ellin to S and D, July 8, 1964
- Ellin, Joseph
- Date of Original:
- True Light Baptist Church (Hattiesburg, Miss.)
Palmers Crossing (Miss.)
Civil rights movement
Delta Ministry of Mississippi
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- Photocopy of a two-page typed letter from Nancy and Joe Ellin to "S and D," [Susan and Diane] written on Wednesday, July 8, 1964. The letter speaks of the teaching experiences of the Ellins in the Freedom Schools in Hattiesburg and the neighboring historically black community of Palmer's Crossing, civil rights, attitudes of students, and the bombing of the Freedom Summer office in McComb, Mississippi.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 1
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries