- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter from Joseph Ellin to Diane and Susan; June 21, 1964
- Ellin, Joseph
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Project
United States. Dept. of Justice
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- documents (object genre)
- Photocopy of a three-page handwritten letter, dated June 21, , from Joe Ellin to "Diane and Susan." The letter was written upon the Ellins' arrival at the Freedom Summer training session held at Western College for Women in Oxford, Ohio. It describes the surroundings, mentions the attitudes of the Freedom Summer volunteers, and gives household instructions.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M323 Ellin (Joseph and Nancy) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 1
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries