- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Sandra Adickes to Ella Baker; April 2, 1971
- Adickes, Sandra, 1933-
- Date of Original:
S.H. Kress & Co.
NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- United States, Mississippi, Forrest County, Hattiesburg, 31.32712, -89.29034
- documents (object genre)
- From the Adickes (Sandra E.) Papers. Copy of a typewritten letter from Sandra Adickes to Ella Baker, dated April 2, 1971. Adickes discusses the outcome of a lawsuit she filed against S.H. Kress and Company, and her desire to give her portion of the settlement to the Legal Defense and Education Fund of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). She specifies that Jimmella Stokes, an African American from Hattiesburg, Mississippi, should receive a portion of the money for her education.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M322 Adickes (Sandra E.) Papers
Box 1, Folder 4
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries