- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- COFO poster; 
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Civil rights workers
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>Poster produced by the Council of Federated Organizations (COFO) that reads "Now with your hand, pull the lever down." Voting booth levers are labeled Justice, Equality, and Freedom. Also shows chains and three pairs of hands labeled with the names of civil rights workers James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner, who were murdered in Philadelphia, Mississippi in June 1964. The first pair of hands is chained, the sedond is breaking the chain, and the third pair is unchained.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M320 Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 17
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries