- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Student voice, Vol. 5 no. 20; 12 August 1964
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights workers
Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>Newsletter of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), Vol. 5, no. 20. Features an article about recovery of the bodies of three civil rights workers (James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner) who were murdered in Philadelphia, Mississippi. Also includes articles about the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party (MFDP) convention held in Jackson and activities that were part of the Mississippi Freedom Project. A section titled Mississippi Harassment lists instances of harassment and violence against civil rights workers and activists in the state.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M320 Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 15
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries