- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Report on McComb; October 12, 1964
- Sherburne, Philip
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights movement
United States National Student Association
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>This document was enclosed with the letter written by Steven McNichols about the Thanksgiving Fast for Freedom (see mus-zz009). Philip Sherburne reports on his experiences in McComb, Mississippi, to the United States National Students Association. He discusses the outbreak of racial violence in Jackson and McComb, Mississippi, and he encourages participation in the Thanksgiving Fast for Freedom.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M320 Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 8
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries