- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Steven McNichols to student body presidents, NSA coordinators, and student editors; October 12, 1964
- McNichols, Steven
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights movement
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Food relief, American
United States National Student Association
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>Letter from Steven McNichols to the United States National Student Association (NSA) student body presidents, coordinators, and student editors about the Thanksgiving Fast for Freedom scheduled for November 19, 1964. McNichols describes the problem of hunger experienced by African Americans in Mississippi during the winter and encourages students nationwide to participate in the fast to help feed hungry families.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M320 Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 8
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries