- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Information sheet : Project Mississippi; undated
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movement
Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.)
Mississippi Freedom Project
Mississippi Freedom Schools
Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.)
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection. <br>This five-page document provides background and justification for the 1964 Mississippi Freedom Project. It gives a description of the project, the importance of community centers and voter registration, COFO, Stanford University's role, and the assets and liabilities of student participation.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M320 Zeman (Zoya) Freedom Summer Collection
Box 1, Folder 8
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries