- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- A report concerning the occupation of the campus of the University of Mississippi; 8 May 1963
- United States. Dept. of Justice
- Date of Original:
- College integration
United States. Dept. of Justice
University of Mississippi
- Meredith, James, 1933-
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- Transcribed copy of a report by the General Legislative Committee of Mississippi based on findings from an investigation of the occupation of the University of Mississippi in 1962 by the United States Department of Justice. Action was taken in response to the riots and violence that resulted from the integration of the university by James Howard Meredith. The report includes complaints against the United States federal government, especially the United States Marshals. No testimonies are offered from the federal government. Published as a government document.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M319 Johnston (Erle E., Jr.) Papers
Box 5, Folder 21
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries