- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Telephone conversation with Mr. Bill Minor, of the New Orleans Times Picayune; June 21, 1966
- Date of Original:
- Mississippi Highway Patrol
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Johnston (Erle E., Jr.) Papers; Notes regarding a telephone conversation between Roy Reed of the Atlanta Bureau of the New York Times and Bill Minor of the New Orleans Times Picayune, dated June 21, 1966. Briefly discusses mob violence at the courthouse in Philadelphia, Mississippi, and the reputation of the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M319 Johnston (Erle E., Jr.) Papers
Box 3, Folder 2
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries