- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs
- Letter, Ney M. Gore, Jr. to W. J. Simmons; October 12, 1955
- Gore, Ney M
- Date of Original:
- Justice and politics
Law and politics
- United States, Mississippi, 32.75041, -89.75036
- documents (object genre)
- From the Johnston (Erle E., Jr.) Papers; Typed letter from Ney M. Gore to William J. Simmons, dated October 12, 1955, written in response to a letter from Simmons discussing the occurrence of maintenance and barratry in South Carolina and Louisiana. Gore addresses Simmons' concern about these crimes happening in Mississippi.
Electronic version made available through a National Leadership Grant for Libraries from the Institute for Museum and Library Services.
This item is part of the Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- University Libraries provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. When possible, we have provided information regarding the copyright right status of an item; however, the information we have may not be accurate or complete. Obtaining permissions to publish or otherwise use is the sole responsibility of the user.
- Original Collection:
- M319 Johnston (Erle E., Jr.) Papers
Box 2, Folder 9
- Contributing Institution:
- University of Southern Mississippi. Libraries