Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- WSB-TV Newsfilm Collection
- Series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips of WSB-TV reporter Irv Cuevas interviewing an unidentified African American male regarding college campus unrest, 1970 November 8
- WSB-TV (Television station : Atlanta, Ga.)
- Contributor to Resource:
- Cuevas, Irv
- Date of Original:
Universities and colleges
Motion picture cameras
- Cuevas, Irv
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- moving images
- In this series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips, reporter Irv Cuevas interviews an unidentified African American male regarding college campus unrest. The opening four clips are silent. They seem to be in a home, but the location is not specified. Two of these clips show some of the recording equipment including cables and a camera on a tripod. The final clip includes sound. The man being interviewed says, "I think campus unrest a very healthy condition for campuses to be in. I look upon campus unrest as meaning a condition of active ferment. A situation where conflicting and opposing ideas can confront each other; where students and faculty can exhibit their points of view, can peacefully assemble and protest in a peaceful way. And that's totally different from disruption, which is interference with the [normal] operation of a university, or of violence or terrorism, which threaten property and life."
Reporter: Cuevas, Irv
Title supplied by cataloger.
- Local Identifier:
- Clip number: wsbn61332
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: wsbn61332, Series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips of WSB-TV reporter Irv Cuevas interviewing an unidentified African American male regarding college campus unrest, 1970 November 8, WSB-TV newsfilm collection, reel 1688, 42:07/43:11, Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection, The University of Georgia Libraries, Athens, Georgia
- 1 clip (about 1 mins., 4 secs.): color, sound ; 16 mm.
1 clip (b-roll): color, sound ; 16 mm.
- Original Collection:
- Original found in the WSB-TV newsfilm collection.
- Contributing Institution:
- Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection