Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- WSB-TV Newsfilm Collection
- Series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips of Alabama Governor George Wallace saying integration should be decided by local people through their state legislatures, from sometime in 1964
- WSB-TV (Television station : Atlanta, Ga.)
- Contributor to Resource:
- Wallace, George C. (George Corley), 1919-1998
- Date of Original:
- Presidents--United States--Election--1964
- United States, Wisconsin, 44.50024, -90.00041
- moving images
- In this series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips from sometime in 1964, Alabama Governor George Wallace is shown at an airport in Wisconsin speaking to reporters. He says his campaign for president is not about integration or segregation. That should be left to the people and their individual state legislatures. He says his campaign is serious and will be run on issues and not personalities.
Title supplied by cataloger.
- Local Identifier:
- Clip number: wsbn36510
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: wsbn36510, Series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips of Alabama Governor George Wallace saying integration should be decided by local people through their state legislatures, from sometime in 1964, WSB-TV newsfilm collection, reel 0806, 16:13/17:27, Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection, The University of Georgia Libraries, Athens, Georgia
- 1 clip (about 1 mins., 14 secs.): black-and-white, sound ; 16 mm.
- Original Collection:
- Original found in the WSB-TV newsfilm collection.
- Contributing Institution:
- Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection