- Maxine A. Smith NAACP Collection
- NAACP Report of Executive Secretary, September 5th thru October 2nd, 1962
- Smith, Maxine Atkins
- Maxine A. Smith NAACP Collection, Box 1, Folder 2, Memphis Public Library, Memphis, Tennessee
- Date of Original:
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Memphis Branch
Civil rights movements--Tennessee--Memphis
African Americans--Civil rights--Tennessee--Memphis
Civil rights workers--Tennessee--Memphis
African American civil rights workers--Tennessee--Memphis
Memphis (Tenn.)--Race relations
- United States, Tennessee, Shelby County, Memphis, 35.14953, -90.04898
- Report from the executive secretary of the Memphis, Tennessee branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) for September 5 through October 2, 1962. The report details local civil rights work, including voter registration, conference with the mental hospital superintendent, freedom committee meeting, school desegregation, letter of commendation, financial audit, and the fall membership campaign.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- For current rights information, please visit: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200600000001200
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Contributing Institution:
- Memphis Public Library. Memphis and Shelby County Room