- Maxine A. Smith NAACP Collection
- NAACP Report of Executive Secretary, Annual Report, 1964
- Smith, Maxine Atkins
- Maxine A. Smith NAACP Collection, Box 1, Folder 4, Memphis Public Library, Memphis, Tennessee
- Date of Original:
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Memphis Branch
Civil rights movements--Tennessee--Memphis
African Americans--Civil rights--Tennessee--Memphis
Civil rights workers--Tennessee--Memphis
African American civil rights workers--Tennessee--Memphis
Memphis (Tenn.)--Race relations
Justice, Administration of--Tennessee--Memphis
Discrimination in employment--Tennessee--Memphis
- United States, Tennessee, Shelby County, Memphis, 35.14953, -90.04898
- Annual report from the Memphis, Tennessee branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) for 1964, detailing local civil rights issues and progress in the areas of voting, education, police brutality, housing, administration of justice, employment, and the desegregation of public facilities. It also lists the number of adult and youth members of the branch.
The University of Tennessee Libraries (Knoxville, Tennessee) is the digital publisher.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- For current rights information, please visit: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200600000001200
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Contributing Institution:
- Memphis Public Library. Memphis and Shelby County Room