Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Essay, n.d., (Brooklyn, N.Y.), Reverend Joseph A. DeLaine and Miss Mattie Belton
- De Laine, Mattie Belton, 1907-1999
- Date of Original:
- African American women--South Carolina
African American women--New York (State)
African American clergy--South Carolina
African American clergy--New York (State)
Spouses of clergy--New York (State)
Spouses of clergy--South Carolina
African American teachers--South Carolina
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
African Americans--Civil rights--New York (State)
Civil rights movements--South Carolina
Civil rights workers--South Carolina
African American civil rights workers--South Carolina
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
De Laine, Mattie Belton, 1907-1999
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1933-
De Laine, Brumit Belton, 1937-
Gona, Ophelia De Laine, 1936-
- United States, New York, 43.00035, -75.4999
United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
biographies (literary works)
- Biographical essay on the life of Mattie Belton DeLaine including her marriage to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., and their three children, Brumit, Ophelia, and Joseph, Jr. The essay details the DeLaine family's struggles in South Carolina and New York from Mattie's perspective.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 19), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library