Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Photograph, 1999, (Lake City, S.C.), of former church parsonage
- Date of Original:
- Parsonages--South Carolina--Lake City
African American clergy--South Carolina--Lake City
Clergy--South Carolina--Lake City
African Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African American churches--South Carolina--Lake City
African Americans--Violence against--South Carolina--Lake City
Violence--South Carolina--Lake City
Civil rights workers--South Carolina--Lake City
African American civil rights workers--South Carolina--Lake City
African Americans--South Carolina--Lake City
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina--Lake City
Civil rights movements--South Carolina--Lake City
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Homes and haunts
- United States, South Carolina, Florence County, 34.02439, -79.70282
United States, South Carolina, Florence County, Lake City, 33.871, -79.75535
- Photograph taken in 1999 in Lake City, South Carolina, of the former Saint James African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church parsonage, home of Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., and his family when his home was fired upon during the Lake City shooting incident.
"House was church parsonage in Lake City, where shots were fired. 1999"--verso photograph.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 30), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library