Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Photograph, c. 1975, of Plummie Parsons, Bennie Parsons, Mattie DeLaine
- Date of Original:
- Clarendon County (S.C.)--Race relations--History--20th century
Race discrimination--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--Segregation--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Segregation--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Civil rights movements--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Trials--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Briggs, Harry, d. 1986--Trials, litigation, etc.
- Parsons, Plummie
De Laine, Mattie Belton, 1907-1999
Briggs, Harry, -1986
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- Photograph of Briggs v. Elliott plaintiffs Plummie and Bennie Parsons with Mattie DeLaine. "Left to Right, Mrs. Plumme Parsons, Mr. Bennie Parsons, Plaintiffs in 'Briggs V. Elliot,' Mattie B. DeLaine. Taken about 1975"--verso photograph.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 29), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library