Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Photograph, c. 1952, of J.W. Seals
- Date of Original:
- African American clergy--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Clergy--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African American churches--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy
African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Seals, James W., 1893-1973
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white photograph of Reverend James W. Seals.
"Rev. J.W. Seals sends message to the KKK. Rev. Seals stood with DeLaine from the beginning in 1946 and continued after DeLaine was forced away. Rev. E.E. Richburg became the Leader in the absence of Rev. DeLaine and Rev. Seals stood firm for the cause all the way. He needed and accepted a leader. His was firm cooperation for the good of children. J.A. DeLaine"--verso photograph.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 28), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library