Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Photograph, c. 1952, (Summerton, S.C.), of Scott's Branch School Gymnasium
- Date of Original:
- Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
African American schools--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Segregation--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Race discrimination--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Clarendon County (S.C.)--Race relations--History--20th century
African Americans--Education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Scott's Branch High School (Summerton, S.C.)
Gymnasiums--South Carolina--Clarendon County
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, Summerton, 33.60822, -80.3512
- black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white photograph of the gymnasium for Scott's Branch school in Clarendon County, South Carolina. The gymnasium was built in 1952.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 29), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library