Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Photograph, 1937 or 1938, of Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., wife, children, and children's nurse
- Date of Original:
- African Americans
African American families
African American nurses
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
De Laine, Mattie Belton, 1907-1999
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1933-
De Laine, Brumit Belton, 1937-
Gona, Ophelia De Laine, 1936-
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white photograph of Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., his wife, Mattie, and their children, Joseph A., Jr., Ophelia, and Brumit, and the children's nurse, in front of a house.
"Rev JA DeLaine, His Wife, Children, and Childrens Nurse 1937 or 1938"--verso photograph.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 27), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library