Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Photograph, 1932 - 1933, (Blackville, S.C.), of Macedonia High School
- Date of Original:
- African American schools--South Carolina--Blackville
African American men--South Carolina--Blackville
- United States, South Carolina, Barnwell County, 33.26606, -81.43502
United States, South Carolina, Barnwell County, Blackville, 33.35793, -81.27066
- black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white photograph of the Macedonia High School campus in Blackville, South Carolina, in 1932 or 1933. A note on the back of the photograph indicates the building housed teachers at the school and that Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr.'s son, Joseph Jr., was born there.
"Macedonia High School Campus, Blackville, SC 1932 - 1933. Building Housed Teachers. The house where Jay was born"--verso photograph.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 27), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library