Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1959 Aug. 26, (Spartanburg, S.C.), I. DeQuincey Newman, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., (Hollis, Long Island, N.Y.)
- Newman, I. DeQuincey, 1911-1985
- Date of Original:
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
African Americans--South Carolina--Societies, etc.
African Americas--Civil rights--South Carolina
Civil rights--South Carolina
Civil rights movements--South Carolina
African American civil rights workers--South Carolina
Civil rights workers--South Carolina
African American clergy--New York (State)--New York
Clergy--New York (State)--New York
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. South Carolina State Conference
Newman, I. DeQuincey, 1911-1985--Correspondence
DeLaine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
- Newman, I. DeQuincy, 1911-1985
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, New York, New York County, New York, 40.7142691, -74.0059729
United States, South Carolina, Spartanburg County, 34.93126, -81.99068
United States, South Carolina, Spartanburg County, Spartanburg, 34.94957, -81.93205
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from I. DeQuincey Newman, president of the South Carolina conference of branches for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) in Spartanburg, South Carolina, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., of Hollis, Long Island, New York, informing DeLaine that the Executive Committee has elected him to receive a citation at the next state conference for his "courageous and unselfish service in the area of human rights." Newman requests DeLaine's presence at the next conference, to be held in Greenville, South Carolina, October 22 through 25, 1959.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 11), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library