Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1972 Jan. 12, (Ridgefield, C.T.), Richard Kluger, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Kluger, Richard
- Date of Original:
- Trials--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Race discrimination--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Clarendon County (S.C.)--Race relations--History--20th century
African American civil rights workers--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Civil rights workers--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Civil rights--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--North Carolina--Charlotte
DeLaine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, Connecticut, Fairfield County, 41.22496, -73.3712
United States, Connecticut, Ridgefield
United States, North Carolina, Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, 35.22709, -80.84313
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from Richard Kluger, author of Simple Justice, in Ridgefield, Connecticut, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., in Charlotte, North Carolina, returning materials DeLaine sent him documenting the Clarendon County, South Carolina, school segregation case, also known as Briggs v. Elliott.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 22), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library