Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1971 Nov. 16, (Ridgefield, C.T.), Richard Kluger, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Kluger, Richard
- Date of Original:
African Americans--North Carolina--Charlotte
African American civil rights workers--North Carolina--Charlotte
Civil rights workers--North Carolina--Charlotte
Civil rights movements--South Carolina
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Trials--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Race discrimination--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Clarendon County (S.C.)--Race relations--History--20th century
DeLaine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Briggs, Harry, d. 1986--Trials, litigation, etc.
- Kluger, Richard
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
Briggs, Harry, -1986
- United States, Connecticut, Fairfield County, 41.22496, -73.3712
United States, Connecticut, Ridgefield
United States, North Carolina, Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, 35.22709, -80.84313
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from Richard Kluger, author of Simple Justice in Ridgefield, Connecticut to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr. in Charlotte, North Carolina thanking DeLaine for additional materials on the Clarendon County, South Carolina school segregation case, also known as Briggs v. Elliott. Kluger requests permission to retain four photos for possible inclusion in book and inquires about the death of James MacKnight in April 1950 and DeLaine's letter to FBI on the incident.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 22), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library