Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1971 Oct. 15, (Ridgefield, C.T.), Richard Kluger, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., (Queens, N.Y.)
- Kluger, Richard
- Date of Original:
- Trials--South Carolina--Clarendon County
United States. Supreme Court
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Race discrimination--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Clarendon County (S.C.)--Race relations--History--20th century
African American civil rights workers--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Civil rights workers--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Civil rights--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--New York (State)--New York
DeLaine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, Connecticut, Fairfield County, 41.22496, -73.3712
United States, Connecticut, Ridgefield
United States, New York, New York County, New York, 40.7142691, -74.0059729
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from Richard Kluger, author of Simple Justice, of Ridgefield, Connecticut, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., in Queens, New York, regarding his upcoming book on the 1954 United States Supreme Court decision in the Brown v. Board of Education case. Kluger informs DeLaine of his plans to visit South Carolina to obtain information on the Clarendon County, South Carolina school segregation case, also known as Briggs v. Elliott. Kluger also requests a meeting with DeLaine.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 22), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library