Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1971 Dec. 16, (Nashville, T.N.), J.M. Granberry, Jr., to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Granberry, J. M.
- Date of Original:
- African Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African American clergy--Retirement--North Carolina--Charlotte
Life insurance--North Carolina
African Americans--North Carolina--Charlotte
Lump sum distributions (Pensions)--North Carolina--Charlotte
DeLaine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Granberry, J. M.--Correspondence
- Granberry, J. M.
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, North Carolina, Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, 35.22709, -80.84313
United States, Tennessee, Davidson County, Nashville, 36.16589, -86.78444
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from J. M. Granberry, Jr., secretary-treasurer of the Pension Department of the African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church in Nashville, Tennessee, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., of Charlotte, North Carolina, informing DeLaine he may withdraw from the pension program at any time and receive a lump sum for his participation. Granberry informs DeLaine that he was removed from the list of hospital benefits when he turned sixty-five, and mentions that North Carolina Life Insurance sent him a settlement check for a recent hospital stay.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 16), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library