Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Petition, 1961 Nov. 26, (Brooklyn, N.Y.), Calvary A.M.E. Church Committee and Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., to NAACP
- Date of Original:
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
African Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy
African American clergy--New York (State)--New York
Clergy--New York (State)--New York
African American churches--New York (State)--New York
African American civil rights workers--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Civil rights workers--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Civil rights movements--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Civil rights--South Carolina--Clarendon County
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
Briggs, Harry, -1986
- United States, New York, New York County, New York, 40.7142691, -74.0059729
- texts (document genres)
- Petition from Calvary African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church Committee and Pastor Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., of Brooklyn, New York, to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) detailing Harry Briggs, Sr.'s personal sacrifice for NAACP legal battles and requesting that the NAACP assist Briggs and his family in securing a loan for a new home in New York.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 11), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library