Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1956 July 18, [Queens, N.Y.], Loften Mitchell, to [Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr.]
- Mitchell, Loften
- Date of Original:
- African American authors--New York (State)--New York
Authors--New York (State)--New York
African American clergy--New York (State)--Buffalo
Clergy--New York (State)--Buffalo
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County--Drama
Clarendon County (S.C.)--Race relations--Drama
Race discrimination--South Carolina--Clarendon County--Drama
DeLaine-Waring A.M.E. (Buffalo, N.Y.)
DeLaine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
- Mitchell, Loften
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, New York, Erie County, Buffalo, 42.88645, -78.87837
United States, New York, New York County, New York, 40.7142691, -74.0059729
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from Loften Mitchell of Queens, New York, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr. of Buffalo, New York, regarding Mitchell's upcoming play, A Land Beyond the River, about DeLaine's struggle for school desegregation in Clarendon County, South Carolina, and DeLaine's plans to organize the DeLaine-Waring A.M.E. Church in Buffalo and a church in Queens, New York.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 10), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library