Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Affidavit, 1949 July, (Sumter County, S.C.), [Blank Form]
- Sumter County (S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- African American schools--South Carolina--Sumter County
African American school principals--South Carolina--Sumter County
African American teachers--South Carolina--Sumter County
Affidavits--South Carolina--Sumter County
Misconduct in office--South Carolina--Sumter County
Scott's Branch High School (Summerton, S.C.)--Employees
- Benson, S. Isaiah
Montgomery, Rosa S.
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, Summerton, 33.60822, -80.3512
United States, South Carolina, Sumter County, 33.91617, -80.38232
- texts (document genres)
- Unsigned affidavit by Mrs. Rosa S. Montgomery, detailing grievances against S. Isaiah Benson, principal of Scott's Branch school in Summerton, South Carolina, including misappropriation of funds and neglect of teaching duties. The document is neither signed nor notarized.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 4), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library