Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1948 Mar. 18, (North Little Rock, A.R), [Singleton], Jackson Divinity School, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., (Summerton, S.C.)
- Date of Original:
- African American clergy--South Carolina
African Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy
Jackson Divinity School (Little Rock, Ark.)
Bishops--Appointment, call, and election
DeLaine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, Arkansas, Pulaski County, North Little Rock, 34.76954, -92.26709
United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, Summerton, 33.60822, -80.3512
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) church Minister, possibly a Mr. Singleton of North Little Rock, Arkansas to Joseph DeLaine of Summerton, South Carolina about "the danger of putting upon of [sic] Episcopal bench the person in question." The letter is written on letterhead from the Jackson Divinity School Office of the Dean.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 2), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library