Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Speech, n.d., Master of ceremonies, fellow ministers... Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr.
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- Date of Original:
- Domestic terrorism--United States
African Americans--Violence against
White Citizens councils--United States
White supremacy movements--United States
White supremacy movements--Germany
Ku Klux Klan (1915- )
Race discrimination--United States
United States--Race relations
African American clergy
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- Undated speech given by Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr. regarding the organization and terror tactics of the White Citizens Council. DeLaine compares the council's ideology to fascism in Nazi Germany an Italy and of the Ku Klux Klan in America. The speech includes handwritten notes in the margins and on the reverse.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 20), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library