Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Negatives, [1900s], of Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., et al.
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Stores, Retail--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Dwellings--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Kitchens--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African American churches--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African American women--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Automobiles--South Carolina--Clarendon County
African American children--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Women, White--South Carolina--Clarendon County
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Pictorial works
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- black-and-white photographs
- Black-and-white images of African Americans in Clarnedon County, South Carolina. The images are listed as negatives but are displayed as positive images. The images show: two African American men in white shirts in a store with an African American young man behind the counter; two African American children in a home; several African Americans and two white women standing outside a building near a car; an African American woman walking away from a builidng; several African Americans in a church; and an African American man and woman in a kitchen. Joseph A. DeLaine appears in one of the images.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 30), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library