Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1955 Oct. 31, (East Hampton, M.A.), Mrs. R.H. MacEacherson, to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr.
- MacEacheron, R. H., Mrs.
- Date of Original:
- African American civil rights workers--New York (State)--New York
Civil rights workers--New York (State)--New York
African American clergy--New York (State)--New York
Clergy--New York (State)--New York
African American soldiers
MacEacherson, R. H., Mrs.--Correspondence
DeLaine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
- MacEacherson, R. H., Mrs.
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, Massachusetts, Hampshire County, 42.34014, -72.66377
United States, Massachusetts, Hampshire County, Easthampton, 42.26676, -72.66898
United States, New York, New York County, New York, 40.7142691, -74.0059729
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from Mrs. R. H. MacEacherson of Easthampton, Massachusetts, written on October 31, 1955 to Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., written after Mrs. MacEacherson saw DeLaine on the October 23 episode of Eye of New York. Mrs. MacEacherson inquires how to assist the DeLaine family. She also references DeLaine's son Joseph Jr. who is serving in Korea and "doing just as much for his country as are boys of white skin."
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 8), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library