Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1975 Feb. 8, (Barbados), Frederick Lewis, to Mattie DeLaine, (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Lewis, Frederick
- Date of Original:
- African Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy
African Methodist Episcopal Church
African American women--North Carolina--Charlotte
DeLaine, Mattie Belton, 1907-1999--Correspondence
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
De Laine, Mattie Belton, 1907-1999
- Barbados, 13.16453, -59.55165
United States, North Carolina, Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, 35.22709, -80.84313
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from Reverend Frederick Lewis, pastor of the African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church in Barbados to Mattie DeLaine in Charlotte, North Carolina, asking that she donate books in memory of her husband, Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., to a new church library in Saint Croix, Virgin Islands. The address is listed on the reverse.
The Civil Rights Digital Library received support from a National Leadership Grant for Libraries awarded to the University of Georgia by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for the aggregation and enhancement of partner metadata.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 18), Joseph Armstrong DeLaine papers, ca. 1918-2000, South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbus, South Carolina.
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library