Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1956 Oct. 15, (Summerton, S.C.), E.E. Richburg, to Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Richburg, E. E.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
African American clergy--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People--Trials, litigation, etc
Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from E.E. Richburg (Summerton, S.C.) to Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Buffalo, N.Y.) re suit 22 Oct. 1956 to contest constitutionality of S.C. law to prohibit hiring S.C. NAACP members; also notes Clarendon County (S.C.) Schools still segregated and tampering with the mail has been broken up; handwritten note in margin: I guess you heard that Rev. [James W.] Seals' home was destroyed by fire while he was away; accompanying list of contributors to Liberty Hill A.M.E. Church (Summerton, S.C.); envelope included.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 10)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library