Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Essay, n.d., Prelude to Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine's Opposition, Joseph A. De Laine, Sr.
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People--Trials, litigation, etc
Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Essay by Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. on events inspiring school bus transporation case [Pearson v. County Board of Education (1948)], particularly how water from Santee Hydro-Electric Dam made road to African American school impassible; also on how Dr. George A. Singleton and James Hinton inspired De Laine to act and ensuing Clarendon County [S.C.] School Segregation Case [Briggs v. Elliott].
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 19)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library