Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1979 May 1, (Columbia, S.C.), Isaac W. Williams, to Mrs. [Mattie] De Laine, (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Williams, Issac W.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Mattie Belton--Correspondence
Williams, Isaac W.--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People--Trials, litigation, etc
Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from Isaac W. Williams (S.C. Field Director, NAACP, Columbia, S.C.) to Mrs. [Mattie] De Laine (Charlotte, North Carolina) requesting her presence at 25th anniversary of U.S. Supreme Court decision to outlaw segregation in public education [Brown v. Board of Education (1954)] to accept award in honor of Joseph A. De Laine, Sr.; letterhead stationary lists other officers.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 18)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library