Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1955 Dec. 23, (New York, N.Y.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to J.S. (Flutie) Kennedy, (Bennettsville, S.C.)
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Kennedy, Mrs. J.S. (Flutie)--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
African American clergy--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People--Trials, litigation, etc
Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (New York, N.Y.) response to Mrs. J.S. (Flutie) Kennedy (Bennettsville, S.C.) thanking her for interest and financial support; explains he is not alone in struggle for racial equality and believes his problems stem from school bus transportation case [Pearson v. County Board of Education (1948)] in Clarendon County Schools (S.C.).
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 8)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library