Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1955 Nov. 23, (New York, N.Y.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to Mrs. R.H. MacEacherson (East Hampton, M.A.)
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
MacEacherson, Mrs. R.H.--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
- United States, New York, New York County, New York, 40.7142691, -74.0059729
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (New York, N.Y.) in response to Mrs. R.H. MacEacherson (East Hampton, M.A.) requesting she and others write Gov. Harriman not to extradite De Laine to S.C. and write federal officials in Washington to stop lawnessness of southern White Citizens Councils, which De Laine terms the modern KKK.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 8)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library