Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1955 Nov. 2, (New York, N.Y.), Esther Poyourow, to Joseph A. De Laine, Sr.
- Poyourow, Esther
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
- United States, New York, New York County, New York, 40.7142691, -74.0059729
- Letter from Esther Poyourow (Exec. Secy., Bronx Council of Emma Lazarus Clubs, New York, N.Y.) to Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (New York, N.Y.); Jewish women's club welcomes DeLaines and pledges support for your fight for complete equality of the Negro and Congressman Diggs' efforts to unseat Mississippi Congressmen who were not elected democratically [because African Americans were denied freedom to vote].
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 8)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library