Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1950 July 17, (Lake City, S.C.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to Herman M. Ridgill, (Manning, S.C.)
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
Ridgill, Herman M.--Correspondence
Elections--South Carolina--20th century
- United States, South Carolina, Florence County, 34.02439, -79.70282
United States, South Carolina, Pee Dee, 34.20599, -79.53894
- Letter, 17 July 1950, from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Lake City, S.C.) to Herman M. Ridgill (Manning, S.C.) re Ridgill's election as treasurer of Clarendon County; notes importance of African American votes: An undesirable communication from one of your friends made it impossible for us to influence about 20 votes in Manning for him, which made the difference between election and defeat. [Shorter version of two drafts.]
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 9625 - (Folder 5)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library