Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Letter, 1950 June 22, (Summerton, S.C.), Joseph A. De Laine, Sr., to Att. Charles Plowden, (Summerton, S.C)
- De Laine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974--Correspondence
African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Letter from Joseph A. De Laine, Sr. (Summerton, S.C.) to attorney Charles Plowden [alternate delegate from S.C. at 1948 Democratic National Convention] (Summerton, S.C.) in support of his candidacy in spite of the unfairness accorded us, growing out of the mistreatment of our children by a Negro Principal during the term of 1948-1949, and developing into several lawsuits; members of [Parents'] Committee [on Action] request conference with Plowden.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 5)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library