Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000
- Essay, ca. 1949 Dec. 4, Things that Happened since Nov. 11, 1949, [Joseph A. De Laine, Sr.]
- DeLaine, Joseph A., Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. South Caroliniana Library
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States--History--20th century
African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
South Carolina--Social conditions--History--20th century
Clarendon County (South Carolina)--Race relations
Public Schools--South Carolina--Summerton
Segregation in education--South Carolina--Clarendon County
Discrimination in education--South Carolina
- Benson, S. Isaiah
- United States, South Carolina, Clarendon County, 33.66581, -80.2164
- Essay describes persecution of those who signed petition [Harry Briggs, et al.] on 11 Nov. 1949 and anyone believed associated with NAACP; persecution includes loss of jobs, forclosure, and denial of veteran benefits; persons cited include Harry Briggs, Sr., William Stukes, James Brown, and Lee Richardson.
- Metadata URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Not Evaluated. For more information contact the South Caroliniana Library, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Original Collection:
- Legal size - 13439 - (Folder 5)
Joseph A. DeLaine Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- South Caroliniana Library